Posted by : SuperSailor 03 July 2013

A new Ballast Water Convention was adopted and will enter into force when 30 States representing 35% of the world’s gross tonnage become signatory.
All ships including submersibles, floating craft/platforms, FSUs and FPSOs) are to manage their ballast water in accordance with an approved Ballast Water Management Plan and record such management in a Ballast Water Record Book in accordance with the provisions of the Convention based on the following implementation schedule:
D1 = Ballast Water Exchange (95% volumetric exchange) or pumping through three time the volume of each tank.
D2 = Ballast Water Treatment systems approved by the Administration which treat ballast water to an efficacy of:
• not more than 10 viable organisms per m3 >50 micrometers in minimum dimension, and
• not more than 10 viable organisms per millilitre < 50 micrometers in minimum dimension and >10 micrometers in minimum dimension.
Indicator Microbe concentrations shall not exceed: a) toxicogenic vibrio cholerae: 1 colony forming unit (cfu) per 100 millilitre or 1 cfu per gram of zooplankton samples; b) Escherichia coli: 250 cfu per 100 millilitre c) Intestinal Enterococci: 100 cfu per 100 millilitre
Construction Date (CD) = keel laying date; 50 tons or 1% of structural material – whichever is less; or major conversion.
Major Conversion = change of ballast capacity of 15%; change of ship type; projected life is extended by 10 years; or ballast system modification except for replacement-in-kind or modifications needed to meet ballast water exchange
Ballast Water Treatment System


Ballast Water Exchange is to take place as follows:
1) at least 200 nm from the nearest land and in 200 m water depth;
2) at least 50 nm from the nearest land and in 200 m water depth; or
3) in the event throughout the intended route the sea area does not afford the above characteristics, in a sea area designated by the port State.
All ships of 400GT and above (except floating platforms, FSUs and FPSOs) are to be surveyed (initial, annual intermediate, and renewal) and certificated (not exceeding 5 years).
States may establish additional ballast water management measures for ships to meet based on Guidelines, which remain to be developed.
The MEPC shall undertake a review of the Ballast Water Standards no later than 2006 and is to include an assessment of the technologies available that achieve the standard



{ 3 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Ballast water management standards no later and is to include an assessment of the technologies available that
    Ballast water management plan
    achieve the standard and that amazing site and water review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts

- Copyright © Sailors' Diaries -SAILORS' DIARIES- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Sailors' Diaries -